Training Days: Four or Five days (depending on time available for all exercises)
Course overview: “IT Project Management – Advanced Techniques” is a five-day workshop designed for IT project managers with current hands on experience who wish to learn more about Project Management principles and the best methods of handling significant challenges that occur in projects. It is designed for those who manage projects on a full time basis and experienced team members who aspire to do so, and helps attendees apply more formal approaches to managing, including projects in which there are significant external dependencies to be controlled or a high degree of risk.
- Clearly defining scope, and manage changes to it
- Developing a realistic schedule which meets the project owner’s constraints
- Preparing a plan, its purpose and why it is more than just a schedule
- Estimating and control project budgets
- identifying the project's quality objectives and implement appropriate
- controls to ensure they are achieved
- Developing status reports which reflect reality
- Using key performance indicators to predict delivery and final costs
- identifying and continually manage risks which could de-rail your project
- Managing stakeholders to ensure they remain committed and involved for
- the project
- Managing complexities due to dispersed project teams and teams across
- multiple countries
- Controlling external groups on which the project is dependent
- Handling serious threats to projects that require intervention and project
- Ensuring you obtain the appropriate resources for the project which will
- raise confidence in achieving the goals
- Building an effective team which are committed to the project goals.
- Evaluating performance of the team
- Providing a sound grounding in IT Project Management principles
- Improving the effectivity of the Project Managers to behave and to adopt these models on their projects.
- Help participants to start preparing for PMP certification
- Will be able to get 21 PDUs for attending the course for PMI
- Participants will be able to get the soft copy of the certificate from the Australian partner
Delivery methodology: The course will involve interactive presentations by the Course Leader to elicit what the group already knows about Project Management, and to provide a context for explaining principles. Small workshop groups to work on a case study provided in advance to assist with the application of the principles. Handouts will be provided on suggested answers to case study questions. In the course material and in the workbook, references will be made to the PMBOK v5. (Project Management Body of Knowledge, v5 from PMI) so that it will be easy for the participants to start preparing for their PMP certification examination.
Deliverables: We will deliver the course in association with our PMI approved partner from Australia, using the course material, developed and delivered by them many times.
- Hardcopy course material, printed and spiral bound
- 4-5 days of professional class room training